Consortium Study Agreement
The Greater Greensboro Consortium is a program designed to expand the course options available to degree seeking students from Bennett College, Elon University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Guilford Technical Community College, High Point University, North Carolina A&T State University and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNC-G).
North Carolina A&T students who wish to enroll in courses at one or more of the above named institutions may obtain the necessary forms from the Office of the Registrar. Approval of the department chairperson, Treasurer's Office and the Registrar's Office is required. North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University's equivalent course must be listed on the consortium form for each course to be taken at the host institution. The student will then take the appropriate copies of the form to the host institution and adhere to their registration time line and course restrictions.
Students who make changes in their schedules must satisfy the drop/add procedure at the host institution. Students from other institutions who wish to enroll at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University should present the approval forms to the Office of the Registrar, located on the first floor of the Dowdy Administration Building beginning on the date posted on the academic calendar for that corresponding semester.
Key Points for NC A&T Students to Remember:
- You must be enrolled in more hours at NC A&T SU than the host institution.
- All consortium credits apply towards your enrollment at NC A&T SU. This means the coursework effects your GPA and credits earned.
- The Consortium Agreement operates the fall and spring semester for Bennett College, Elon University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, GTCC, High Point University and UNC-G*. The summer sessions are with UNC-G ONLY.
- All rules, regulations and dead-lines apply at the host institution.
Students from other institutions who wish to enroll at A&T should present the approval forms at the Office of the Registrar located in the Dowdy Administration Building during registration.
** Students taking classes at UNC-G must also fill out a UNC Inter-Institutional Approval Form **
Directions for students taking consortium classes at the Host Institution.
- Obtain a Consortium Form from the Office of the Registrar.
- Obtain the signature of your academic chairperson on the consortium form.
- The form should also contain the equivalent course number at NC A&T SU to be added to the students' schedule. Your form will not be signed without the equivalent course listed.
- Bring the completed form to the Office of the Registrar for the signature of the Registrar. (Please Note: Your bill must be validated to receive the Registrar's signature).
- Take 3 copies (yellow, pink and golden) of the approved form to the Office of the Registrar at the host campus during their add drop period.
- If you are unable to register for the course, you must notify the Office of the Registrar at NC A&T SU.
- If you drop a consortium course, you must adhere to the host institutions drop/add policy. You must also notify the Office of the Registrar at NC A&T SU.
Where to Register - Admissions Office, then to the Records Office located in 104 Black Hall
Where to Register - Powell Building (to fill out a 'Special Student Application'; then to the Registrar's Office located in 102 Alamance Building
Where to Register - Registrar's Office, Main Building
Where to Register - Complete an admission application, indicate 'Visiting Consortium Student'. Take form to the Registrar's Office, Medlin Campus Center, Jamestown
High Point University
Where to Register - Registrar's Office, 206 Roberts Hall
Where to Register - University Registrar's Office, 180 Mossman Building (You must have a copy of your class schedule with you.)