Dr. Solomon Bililign
Office: Marteena 306
Telephone: (336) 285-2328/ (336)285-3259 (IRC-Laser Lab)
Fax: (336) 334-7423
2005 NATO ASI International School of Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy, Erice, Italy.
1991 Ph.D. University of Iowa, Atomic. Molecular, and Laser Physics
1987 CERTIFICATE: International Center for Theoretical Physics; Trieste, Italy.
1985 M.S. Addis Ababa University Surface Science
1977 B.S. Addis Ababa University. Physics Education, with a minor in Math
Area of field of specialization
Experimental and Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics /and
Chemical Physics, Atmospheric Chemistry
- 2014- Associate Fellow- Ethiopian Academy of Sciences-appointment letter http://www.eas-et.org/new/
- 2012 Interdisciplinary Team Award- NCA&T -http://www.ncat.edu/research/overview/award-winners2012.html
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Math and Engineering Mentoring- 2010- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/11/15/president-obama-honors-outstanding-science-math-and-engineering-mentor-0
- University of Iowa, College of Liberal Arts, Alumni Fellow, 2010-https://clas.uiowa.edu/alumni/2010-alumni-fellows
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award, NCAMP (NSF) April 1998.
- JILA visiting fellowship, 2001-2002- https://jila.colorado.edu/content/bililign
- Named Outstanding Senior Researcher for A&T, 2001-2002
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Sigma Pi Sigma SPS National Physics Honor Society.
- Teacher of the Year, 2006 and 2016
Here's the latest news update from our research group: http://www.ncat.edu/news/2015/02/weather.html