Dr. Samuel Danagoulian
PhD. Physics; October, 1986, Yerevan Physics Institute, Yerevan, Armenia
MA. Physics; July, 1974, Yerevan State University, Yerevan, Armenia
BS. Physics major, Math Minor, May 1973, Yerevan State University, Yerevan, Armenia
Area of field of specialization
Experimental Nuclear and Elementary Particle Physics
* Experimental Nuclear Physics: reactions of electro- and photoproduction on hydrogen and nuclei, channeling radiation, structure functions of nucleons, neutral pi-meson lifetime.
* Moeller polarimetry.
* Research and development of new detector system for nuclear radiation.
* Medical Physics.
Research topics (1993-2010):
* “Spin Asymmetries on the Nucleon Experiment (SANE)”, E03-109,
* “A High Precision Measurement of the Deuteron Spin-Structure Function g1d/F1d”, E-07-011,
* “Initial State Helicity Correlation in Wide Angle Compton Scattering”, E05-101,
* “Precision Measurement of the neutral pion lifetime via the Primakoff Effect” JLAB experiment E-02-103, Co-spokesperson.
“The charge form-factor of the neutron”, E-93-026 and E-93-038
* “Measurement of the Deuteron Tensor Polarization at Large Momentum Transfers in D(e,e'd) Scattering (T20)” E-94-018.
Research Awards: 13 awards from NSF, NASA, NOAA. Total: $1,344,870 as PI and $14,694,305 as co-PI.
* Modeling of random processes using Monte Carlo method.
2007 -- present: Professor, Department of Physics, North Carolina A & T State University
2000 -- 2006: Assoc. Professor, Department of Physics, North Carolina A & T State University
1993 -- 2000: Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Physics, North Carolina A & T State University and Jefferson Laboratory (bridge appointment)
1990 – 1993: Fellow, Laboratoir de l'Accelerateur Lineaire, Universite Paris XX, Orsay, France
1974 – 1990: Yerevan Physics Institute, Staff Scientist, Senior Staff Scientist Synergetic Activities
2003 -present: Grade Appeal Committee Chair, College of Arts and Sciences, NC A&T SU; NSF proposal Reviewer
2001: Technical reviewer of physics textbook on “Nuclear and Sub-nuclear Physics”
2007 - 2008: Developed and taught a course "Introduction to Solar Physics PHYS480"
2007-2012: Mentor for the local school science teachers
2007 - present: NSF proposal reviewer
2010 - present: Proposal Reviewer, State Committee of Science, Ministry of Education & Science, Republic of Armenia
1993: Member of the organizing committee of the international congress “Second Armenian Scientific World Congress”, UNESCO, Paris, France, September 6-9, 1993