Applied Engineering Technology Majors
The Department of Applied Engineering Technology offers two Bachelor of Science Degrees. The two areas of study are Applied Engineering Technology and Motorsports Technology. The two degree programs prepare its graduates for careers in manufacturing execution systems, supply chain management systems, six sigma, lean enterprises, quality control, motorsports management and technology, and many other interdisciplinary areas. In addition, areas of study for the future will be in the areas of nano engineering technology. The programs offered in AET will assist you in finding a specific major based on your career interests or personal characteristics.
Links of Importance
Current & Previous Curriculum Guides
Undergraduate Course Descriptions
Points of Pride
- Multiple functional laboratories - Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) and Robotics lab, Manufacturing Execution System lab, CNC lab, Metrology lab, Material Testing lab, Metallurgy lab; Prototyping lab, Power lab, Polymer lab; Motorsports lab, and Machine shop.
- Unique curriculum integrating business principles, management skills, applied engineering technology, and IT-based business information systems in one degree curriculum.
- Strong industrial supports such as John Deere, Tyco Electronics, Cummins, etc.
- Well prepared graduates with knowledge and skills in science and engineering principles, technological hand-on skills, and entrepreneurship.
- Excellent job placements for our graduates.
Target Audience and Career Opportunities
- The program is designed to serve the diverse needs of people who are interested in pursuing careers in engineering technology enterprises, academic society, and government agencies.
- Individuals recently graduated from high schools and want to embark on a career in engineering technology positions.
- Individuals recently graduated from community colleges and want to advance their degree level to prepare for a career in engineering technology positions.
- Individuals currently employed in the technical and/or management positions that have professional growth aspirations.
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Control Engineer
- Shop Floor Manager
- Approx. Starting Salary Range: $55k - $70k
Department: Applied Engineering Technology
Donald Ray West, PhD, MBA, MIE, PE
North Carolina A&T State University