About The Department of English
A&T’s Department of English offers an undergraduate major and minor and three graduate degrees (M.A. and M.A.T.). Students working towards a B.A. in English take a core of ten classes and then choose an area of concentration in African American Literature, Creative Writing, English Literature or Technical Writing. A B.S. is offered in Undergraduate Teaching (Secondary Education). Our classes address a variety of innovative and traditional subjects, from literary surveys to focused examinations of subjects such as film, science fiction and hip-hop culture.
- English-Bachelor of Arts
- English (Technical Writing) Bachelor of Arts
- English (African-American Literature) Bachelor of Arts
- English (Creative Writing) Bachelor of Arts
Speech - Bachelor of Arts
- Speech (Speech Pathology/Audiology) - Bachelor of Arts
- Secondary Education (English Education) - Bachelor of Science
- English and African American Literature - Master of Arts
- Teaching (English Education) - Master of Arts
The English faculty comprises distinguished scholars and passionate teachers, who care about helping students become the intellectuals and leaders of tomorrow.