Cooperative Extension Programs
Through its programs in 4-H and Youth Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community and Rural Development and Family and Consumer Sciences, Cooperative Extension embraces emerging issues with research-based programs focused on nine major goals which bring Extension to you and to your community:
1) Community, Leader and Volunteer Development
2) Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
3) Energy Conservation and Alternatives
4) Environmental Stewardship and Natural Resource Management
5) Healthy Weight and Chronic Disease Prevention
6) Life Skills and Parenting
7) Sustainable, Profitable and Safe Plant, Animal and Food Systems
8) Workforce and Economic Development
9) Youth and Adults Achieve Educational Success
The Cooperative Extension Program is located in Coltrane Hall on campus. (336) 334-7956.
The University of North Carolina Board of Governors has selected Dr. Lisa Owens-Jackson to receive the 2017 Excellence in Teaching Award for N.C. A&T State University.
N.C. A&T State University students engaged Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg in a wide-ranging and thoughtful conversation as part of the inaugural Chancellor’s Town Hall on March 13.
Dr. Shengmin Sang, a food scientist with N.C. A&T State University, licensed his patent for a family of novel aspirin-derived compounds to SARISA Therapeutics.