V.I.P. (Very Important Parents)
Welcome to the V.I.P. (Very Important Parents) page! This webpage is designed to help parents and families adjust to their student(s) first-year at North Carolina A&T State University and will be updated on a monthly basis. Welcome to Aggieland!
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
CHOOSE A ROOM & ROOMMATE
New to N.C. A&T: Your student now has the option to select their room and a roommate. Room selection is on a first come, first serve basis after your student attends New Student Orientation (NSO). Here is what your student needs to do to start the new Online Room Selection process:
- Complete the Housing Application online with the non-refundable $150.00 application fee.
- To select a roommate, your student must use their Roommate Group Pin received in their confirmation email after completing the housing application.
- Only Traditional Residence Halls will be available for new students:
- Barbee Hall, Haley Hall, Vanstory Hall (Co-ed)
- Cooper Hall (Male Only)
- Curtis Hall, Holland Hall, Morrison Hall, and Morrow Hall (Female Only)
- If you do not select, we will assign!
NOTE: Your student will receive an appointment time to log in to make their room selection.
Got questions? Feel free to contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 336-334-7708 or via email at email@example.com.
REGISTER FOR NSO
Mandatory attendance at NSO is required for all newly admitted students. Orientation begins prior to the fall semester. During orientation, your student will receive information about academic requirements and expectations, campus resources, student services, meet with an academic advisor and register for courses. Note: Distance learning students are not required to attend orientation.
DATES FOR NEW FRESHMEN:
|Session I:||June 22-23 (Closed)|
|Session II:||June 26-27 (Closed)|
|Session III:||June 29-30|
|Session IV:||July 10-11|
|Session V:||July 13-14|
DATES FOR TRANSFER/NON-TRADITIONAL:
|Session I:||June 21|
|Session II:||July 15|
To register, visit https://secure1.vzorientation.com/ncat/.
To check the status of a session and for more details, take a peek at our New Student Orientation’s website.
TAXES FILED...NOW WHAT?
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is the fastest and most efficient way to import income information. It allows you and your student access to your tax information and to transfer that information directly to the student’s FAFSA. Click here for detailed steps.
Also, remember to help your student complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA, if you have not already done so. Use N.C. A&T school code #002905. Students and parents must request a Federal Student Aid ID to electronically sign the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. A Renewal FAFSA must be completed each academic year.
VERIFY, VERIFY, VERIFY
If selected for financial aid verification, your student cannot be awarded until verification is complete. Verification is the process of verifying the information reported on the FAFSA in comparison to your student and your tax returns. For more information, contact Student Financial Aid at 800-443-0835 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE BILL PAY
You can pay your student’s bill(s) online via an electronic check or credit card. Need more time? Set-up a payment plan. Choose between a four month or five month plan. You can pay in person with cash, money order or certified check. To pay online, your student must set you up as an “authorized user”. Pay here.
GET INFORMED, STAY INFORMED
As your student makes the big leap from high school to college, we know and understand that things can get lost in translation. To help keep you informed, the Academic Calendar can guide you around your student’s schedule.
SPREAD THE WORD
NCAT CHAT: Your student has applied to N.C. A&T. What now? Get your questions answered on Mar. 15 from 5:30 to 5:45 p.m. on Twitter and Facebook Live using our social media handles above and #NCATCHAT.
LUNCH & LEARN SERIES gives students an up-close and personal perspective on specific programs such as engineering, education and nursing. This event is from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and begins in the Lower Level of B.C. Webb Hall.
SPRING OPEN HOUSE is an all-inclusive day that provides prospective and admitted students the opportunity to tour our beautiful campus, interact with students, administrators, faculty and staff, and learn more about our extensive academic offerings and the process of becoming an Aggie. This event is from 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at Corbett Sports Center. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- 03/01/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Science & Technology
- 03/15/17 - NCAT CHAT (Facebook Live, Twitter, #NCATCHAT)
- 03/15/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Business & Economics
- 03/17/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Education
- 03/22/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Engineering
- 03/24/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- 03/29/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- 03/31/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Health & Human Sciences
- 04/08/17 - Spring Open House, Corbett Sports Center