Welcome to the New Student page! This webpage is designed to help you adjust to your first-year at North Carolina A&T State University. This page will be updated monthly. Welcome to Aggieland!
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- 04/06/17: Spring Open House online registration closes at 7 p.m. On-site registration will be available.
- 05/01/17: National Day of Intent (submission of intent to enroll to college/university due)
- 06/30/17: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
CHOOSE A ROOM & ROOMMATE
New to N.C. A&T: Now you have the option to select you room and a roommate. Room selection is on a first come, first serve basis after you attend New Student Orientation (NSO). Here is what you need to do to start the new Online Room Selection process:
- Complete the Housing Application online with the non-refundable $150.00 application fee.
- To select a roommate, you must use your Roommate Group Pin received in your confirmation email after completing the housing application.
- Only Traditional Residence Halls will be available for new students
- Barbee Hall, Haley Hall, Vanstory Hall (Co-ed)
- Cooper Hall (Male Only)
- Curtis Hall, Holland Hall, Morrison Hall, and Morrow Hall (Female Only)
- If you do not select, we will assign!
NOTE: You will receive an appointment time to log in to make your room selection.
Got questions? Feel free to contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 336-334-7708 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER FOR NSO
Mandatory attendance at NSO is required for all newly admitted students. Orientation begins prior to the fall semester. During orientation, you will receive information about academic requirements and expectations, campus resources, student services, meet with an academic advisor and register for courses. Note: Distance learning students are not required to attend orientation.
DATES FOR NEW FRESHMEN:
|Session I:||June 22-23 (Closed)|
|Session II:||June 26-27 (Closed)|
|Session III:||June 29-30|
|Session IV:||July 10-11|
|Session V:||July 13-14|
DATES FOR TRANSFER/NON-TRADITIONAL:
|Session I:||June 21|
|Session II:||July 15|
To register, visit https://secure1.vzorientation.com/ncat/.
To check the status of a session and for more details, take a peek at our New Student Orientation’s website.
TAXES FILED...NOW WHAT?
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is the fastest and most efficient way to import income information. It allows you and your parent(s)/guardian(s) access to their tax information and to transfer that information directly to your FAFSA. Click here for detailed steps.
Also, remember to complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA, if you have not already done so. Use N.C. A&T school code #002905. Students and parents must request a Federal Student Aid ID to electronically sign the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. A Renewal FAFSA must be completed each academic year.
VERIFY, VERIFY, VERIFY
If selected for financial aid verification, you cannot be awarded until verification is complete. Verification is the process of verifying the information reported on the FAFSA in comparison to you and your parent(s)/guardian(s) tax returns. For more information, contact Student Financial Aid at 800-443-0835 or via email at email@example.com.
ONLINE BILL PAY
You can pay you bill online via an electronic check or credit card. Need more time? Set-up a payment plan. Choose between a four month or five month plan. You can pay in person with cash, money order or certified check. For your parent(s)/guardian(s) to pay online, you must set them up as an “authorized user”. Pay here.
GET INFORMED, STAY INFORMED
As you make the big leap from high school to college, we know and understand that things can get lost in translation. To help keep you and your parent(s)/guardian(s) informed, the Academic Calendar can guide each of you around your schedule.
SPREAD THE WORD
LUNCH & LEARN SERIES gives students an up-close and personal perspective on specific programs such as engineering, education and nursing. This event is from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and begins in the Lower Level of B.C. Webb Hall.
SPRING OPEN HOUSE is an all-inclusive day that provides prospective and admitted students the opportunity to tour our beautiful campus, interact with students, administrators, faculty and staff, and learn more about our extensive academic offerings and the process of becoming an Aggie. This event is from 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at Corbett Sports Center. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- 03/01/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Science & Technology
- 03/15/17 - NCAT CHAT (Facebook Live, Twitter, #NCATCHAT)
- 03/15/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Business & Economics
- 03/17/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Education
- 03/22/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Engineering
- 03/24/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- 03/29/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- 03/31/17 - Lunch & Learn Series, College of Health & Human Sciences
- 04/08/17 - Spring Open House, Corbett Sports Center