International Admissions Criteria
International students must fully satisfy the requirements for admission prior to enrollment at North Carolina A&T State University and provide documented proof of ability to meet financial responsibility associated with enrollment and living expenses. If you are not a U.S. citizen, please see our instructions below for applying as an international student. For additional information, please contact the Office of International Affairs or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Fall: May 1
Spring: October 1
- Complete Application
- Official High School and College Transcripts
- All applicants must prove proof of high school completion.
- If you attended school outside of the United States, you must have your international transcript evaluated by one of the Credential Evaluation Services: WES (World Educational Services), Educational Perspectives, International Education Evaluations (IEE), American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), Josef Silny & Associates Inc. and National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- All post-secondary education coursework must have a course-by-course evaluation.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Official SAT reading score of 400 or higher
- Official TOEFL Scores (TOEFL code for N.C. A&T State University: 5003)
- Internet Based: 79-80
- Paper Based: 550
- Official IELTS Scores
- Score: 6.5
- Successful completion of 6 hours of transferable U.S. college English courses
- Successful completion of the INTERLINK Language Program at UNCG
- Successful completion of the American Language Academy (ALA), Level 5
Note: Students who reside in a country that have English as their official language and language of instruction do not have to provide proof of English proficiency. Click here for a list of approved countries.
We’re here to help. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with any questions or concerns about the transfer application process.