Financial Aid for Summer Sessions
2014 Summer Sessions Information
Students who wish to apply for financial assistance for summer sessions must submit a NC A&T State University Financial Aid-Summer Sessions Application. Summer financial aid awards are packaged separately from fall and spring awards. Application will be available in mid-March 2014..
The deadline for submitting Financial Aid Applications for all Summer Sessions is May 17, 2014.
• Students must enroll at least half time to borrow from the Federal Direct Loan Program. Students are encouraged to enroll at least half-time (6 hours for Undergraduate and 5 hours for Graduate) in the first Summer Session. Graduate students must be enrolled in five (5) hours of Graduate level courses in order to receive a Federal Direct Student or Graduate PLUS Loan.
• Financial Aid award will be based on the number of hours enrolled, residency and living status. Financial aid may be adjusted if your status changes.
• Summer School is an extension of the 2013-2014 academic year. Therefore, you must have a processed 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file and completed the verification process to be considered for summer financial aid. The FAFSA website is www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• Students must be admitted into a degree seeking program to be eligible for aid.
• Financial Aid for the 2014 Summer Session(s) will be canceled if you are not maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at the end of the 2014 Spring semester. Students receiving all “F” or “I” during Summer School aid maybe canceled or reduced and may leave a balance due to the university.
• Financial Aid may be reduced or canceled for the Summer Session if you drop a course, the course is canceled by University, you never attend or withdraw from courses. You may also be required to repay funds disbursed during the Summer Session.
• Students must attend Dual, Summer Session I and/or Summer Session II to be eligible for summer financial aid and enroll in the appropriate number of hours.
• Federal or State financial aid is NOT available for Inter-Session or Pre-Session.
• Book vouchers are not available for Summer School.
• Students must have a 2013-2014 FAFSA (School Code: 002905) on file by May
• Complete verification if selected.
• Students who want to study abroad need to fill out a summer school application and meet with the Study Abroad Office to determine the site and to develop a budget.
Note: Students (New, Readmitted, & Transfer) enrolling for first or second session must have a 2013-2014 FAFSA on file by May.
Students who are not eligible for Summer Financial Aid:
• Students not in a degree program;
• Visiting students from another college or university;
• Special students; and
• Students not maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Deadline & Payment
Students applying for summer financial aid should be aware of the application and FAFSA submission deadline date. It is the student’s responsibility to pay their summer school charges by the established deadline date. Failure to have financial aid posted, memoed, credited or full payment of the summer charges will result in the cancellation of your summer session classes. The University does not participate in the payment plan for Summer School. Students balance must be paid by financial aid, an outside agency, cash or credit card. Summer School applications must be submitted by the stated deadline. Students should register for both sessions early