FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
In order to received Federal and Some State aid, Students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately after January 1st. The school code for North Carolina A&T State University is 002905.
Applying for financial aid and applying for admission to North Carolina A&T State University are separate processes. Students do not need to wait for admission to be admitted to the University to complete the FAFSA. Students’ data will be reviewed for financial aid eligibility when they have been officially accepted for admission into a degree seeking program. New and transfer students need to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or School of Graduate Studies and follow their instructions regarding the admissions process.
Each person completing the FAFSA must apply for a FSA ID in order to electronically sign the application. Dependent students are required to provide parental information in order to complete the FAFSA, and therefore your parent(s) must apply for their own FSA ID INDIVIDUALLY. So Only the owner of an FSA ID should create or use the account. Here's why:
- The FSA ID serves as a legal signature and should not be shared with anyone, including family, school personnel, loan servicers, or contact center agents.
- By creating your own FSA ID, you’re more likely to remember your username, password, and the answers to your challenge questions. Without these, you can lose access to your account and be unable to log in to Federal Student Aid websites.
- An e-mail address cannot be used with more than one FSA ID. If you forget your username or password, you can request that a secure code be e-mailed to you to allow you to reset your username or password. For security reasons, you don’t want that code being sent to someone else.
Please follow the FAFSA instructions carefully in order to complete the application correctly. Errors and omissions will delay the processing of student data and could affect the chances of receiving assistance and keep in mind:
- REMEMBER: Students must complete the FAFSA each academic year starting Jan 1.
- Priority Date: NC A&T State University priority deadline is March 1 for filling FAFSA in order to be considered for all available aid.