Cost of Attendance
The Office of Financial Aid establishes standard student budgets yearly as a basis for awarding financial aid funds. A budget or an estimated cost of attendance (COA) is designed to assist students with their educational expenses for the academic year.
An estimated cost of attendance includes direct and indirect costs. Direct costs includes charges a student pays directly to the university, for example, tuition and fees. Indirect costs include transportation and books.
The components of an estimated cost of attendance includes the following:
- Actual cost for Tuition and Fees
- Average cost of Room and Board (on and off campus)
- Estimated Transportation Costs
- Estimated Miscellaneous and Personal Expenses
- Estimated cost for Books and Supplies
- Cost of University Health Insurance
Each student's cost of attendance/budget is based upon full-time enrollment and residency. After drop and add period each semester the cost of attendance will be reduced to reflect less than full-time enrollment.