Welcome to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Entry Option
Call 336-334-7750 or Apply Today
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University School of Nursing
Located in Greensboro, NC
North Carolina A&T’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Entry Option is designed for students with current non-nursing undergraduate degrees. We invite you to apply and be ready to start once your application is accepted and you have successfully completed the nursing prerequisite courses.
We offer: a full time 12 month block format with small classes so cohorts can graduate together. Be prepared to engage in a very intense and rigorous curriculum while participating in classroom, clinical, and virtual lab learning experiences. 100% of our graduates are gainfully employed upon licensure as a Registered Nurse within 3-6 months.
Entry Option Overview ABSN Curriculum guide
Visit one of the upcoming information sessions to learn more about our program
- Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 5:00-6:00pm, Room 210 Noble Hall
- Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 5:00-6:00pm, Room 210 Noble Hall
Minimal Admission Criteria 2016 Cohort ABSN Admission packet
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a graduating cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of pre-requisite courses with a “C” or better (on the first attempt) before enrollment
- TEAS Test results at the National Mean—currently 64.3%
- Interview and essay that demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- CNA I listing with NC Nurse Aide Registry (visit ncbon.org for more information). Note: CNA I course must contain a clinical component.
The TEAS test is being offered on campus in Noble Hall on the following days and times:
Thursday May 14, 5:00-9:00
Tuesday May 26 5:00-9:00
Student will need to arrive at least 15 minutes early with ID These instructions are on the website when they register!
The cost of the exam is 56.00 ( Exam is 45.00 and a fee from ATI is 11.00)
For The TEAS Test, we will not handle any money, ALL registration and fee collection will be handled online by the student at: https://www.atitesting.com/Home.aspx