The state of North Carolina requires teacher candidates to obtain a Standard Professional License (SP1). To be issued a SP1 Professional Educator's License, an individual must have:

  • Completed a state approved teacher education program from a regionally accredited college or university or; 
  • Completed another state's approved alternative route to licensure, met the federal requirements to be designated as "Highly Qualified," and earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college.

For additional information, contact Ms. Sharifa Romney at (336) 334-7757

Form A with Instructions

Credit Card Form

NCDPI Online Licensure System 

If you prefer a handout, this provides step-by-step instructions to the NCDPI Online Licensure System Application process 

Here is a video NCDPI provides to assist applicants  NCDPI Updating and Creating a New Application Video