NC A&T School of Education Scholars
The School of Education awards scholarships each year to incoming freshmen and continuing students. Scholarships in the amount of $500.00 - $5,000.00 are awarded. Students may apply each year. These scholarship funds are gifts from alumni and supporters of the School of Education.
- Incoming freshmen 1000 or higher on the SAT; 19 or higher on the ACT; minimum 3.0 GPA
- Continuing students must have a 3.2 GPA; be admitted to Teacher Education and be a School of Education major. Applications will be available in the spring.
- School of Education Scholarship Packet
Jennifer Nicole Brown Scholarship-$ 500.00
The Scholarship is awarded annually to a deserving student based on the following criteria:
- Graduate, Lateral Entry, Licensure Only Student (full or part-time) enrolled in Elementary Education Master’s Degree Program
- Exhibits Outstanding Academic Achievement
- Resident of North Carolina
- Enthusiastic about working with young people
- Submission of a one page, well written essay explaining why you want to be an educator
- Maintain a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA each semester
- Earn a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester for a minimum of 30 hours for the academic year
- Have a completed FAFSA on file by March 15 of each academic year
- Participate in relevant School of Education special events (membership into student professional organizations, attendance at special seminars/workshops and invited membership on select School of Education or Teacher Education Council and/or Committees.
- Participate in 20 hours of community service identified by the program
- Submission of a one page, well written essay on “Why I have chosen this career path”
Dajia Janay Carter Memorial Scholarship-$500.00
The scholarship is awarded annually (October 14th) to a deserving student based on the following criteria:
- Female student from the Washington, DC Metropolitan area
- Student majoring in Early Childhood Education
- Student must be a freshman or sophomore
Hattie M. Strong Foundation Scholarship-$5,000.00
The scholarship/award is awarded annually to two deserving students based on the following criteria:
- Students in their final year of study
- Students with demonstrated financial need
- Students who have achieved a minimum 3.0 GPA in the two semesters prior to their final year
- Undergraduate students who have exhibited outstanding success and enthusiasm in field experience prior to the final year of the program
Emma Wilson Memorial Endowed Scholarship-$1,000.00
The purpose of the Fund is to recruit undergraduate female students pursuing a degree in Elementary Education through the School of Education at North Carolina A&T State University.