1) A master’s degree from a college or university recognized by a regional or general accrediting agency.
2) Interest in conducting research in leadership studies. Preferred experience in a leadership or administrative capacity.
3) A completed Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general test, or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) as applicable to the discipline area of the student.
4) An applicant with their highest degree from a non-English-speaking country is required to complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination and obtain a score of 600 or higher on the written examination or 250 or higher on the computer examination.
5) Three (3) letters of recommendation from people who can speak to your likelihood of success in the doctoral program; at least one must be from a former professor.
6) Writing sample (two page and double spaced) “Statement of Purpose” explaining the reason for pursuing the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Leadership Studies and the professional work experience or research interest in leadership studies.
6) An applicant is interviewed by an Admission Committee as part of the admission requirements, prior to the recommendation for acceptance into the program.