This is where learning happens.
MS Physical Education and Health - Sport Administration
Coordinator: Dr. Dwedor Ford
Coordinator: Dr. Minyong Lee
The M.S. Physical Education and Health - Sport Administration will serves as 1) a feeder program for students currently enrolled in the Sport Science and Fitness Management major, 2) a program for students from other colleges/universities interested in pursuing a graduate education in this discipline at North Carolina A&T State University, and 3) a program for working professionals in the Triad and surrounding areas who desire the opportunity to obtain a master's degree in this discipline without having to travel great distances to do so.
Students will be exposed to diverse approaches in sport administration in order to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the studied strategies. Such understanding will develop the leadership and problem-solving skills needed to succeed as sport administrators in local, state, national, and international settings. The learning environment will extend beyond the classroom by taking advantage of the many sporting events and organizations operating in North Carolina to offer students practical experience. Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify and explain a variety of sport administration practices employed inside and outside the United States.
- Utilize commonly employed sport administration research techniques to make informed management decisions.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively through writing and public speaking skills.
- Understand and employ economic and financial tools commonly used in sport administration.
- Manage and promote sporting events and facilities.
- Understand unique characteristics and institutions of sports from around the world.
Admission Requirements for All HPLS Graduate Programs.
- Acceptable GRE or MAT (Millers Analogies Test) scores
- 3 letters of reference
- Statement of purpose
- Undergraduate transcript(s)
- 2.8 GPA from an accredited undergraduate college/university