Mrs. Sandra Jones-Strayhorn
About the Financial Trading Room
When Quiester Craig Hall was dedicated in April 2004, the School of Business and Economics at North Carolina A&T State University opened its doors to a new state-of-the art facility. Craig Hall and the newly renovated Merrick hall feature technologically equipped flat and tiered classrooms and team work centers that are used to support overall student learning.
In September 2008, the School opened its doors to deliver a new form of high-quality financial education. The Financial Trading Room simulates the activities of a live securities or commodities trading floor. Study in this hands-on interactive environment provides students with the opportunity to experience theoretical financial concepts in real-time. The use of this facility adds significant value to the overall learning process.
Values Achieved Through the Implementation of University Trading Rooms:
- Enhanced learning environment through visualization, simulation
- Provides students with demonstrable skills and competitive competencies
- Encourage educational responsibility to enhance life-long learning
- The sense of a "global economy" expands from theory to reality
- Faculty access to real-time and historical financial data for research
- Campus and community involvement in the study of financial market