Graduation Details and Instructions
*Please Note: The approved University fee structure requires a non-refundable payment of $60 Graduation Fee and a $20 late fee for a total of $80. The University cannot ensure that the names of late filing applicants will appear in the Commencement Program. This is a two step process. The fee is assessed for students once step 1 is completed.
Completing the Online Application
Click the "apply for graduation" link to enter your information on the online application form. Once you submit(register) your application, you will receive an email confirmation of your online application for graduation. Please keep this email for your records. You are NOT required to print the application. The School of Graduate Studies will forward your application to your academic department for electronic signatures. If you have any questions, please contact your school/college STAR Associate.
In order to be eligible for graduation, you must meet the following requirements. Applications will not be processed if the requirements have not been met:
- Be officially enrolled for the term in which you intend to graduate
- Have an earned cumulative GPA 3.0 or above
- Pay required tuition and fees
- Submit your Plan of Graduate Work (Study)
- Submit Transfer of Credit requests (if applicable)
- Submit the Report of Doctoral Dissertation Committee Form (Doctoral Candidates Only)
- Resolve prior semester incomplete grades (this does not apply to IP grades for thesis and dissertation students)
- Students admitted provisionally must now be in unconditional admission status(Consult your academic advisor)
- The application MUST BE APPROVED by the academic advisor AND chairperson PRIOR to submitting to the School of Graduate Studies
- Your diploma will be mailed to the address provided on the application. If the new address is unknown at the time of application, please email the alternate address to your STAR Associate.
- When you apply for graduation this semester, a $60.00 graduation fee will be posted to your student account. This fee is non-refundable.
- Regalia and other academic paraphernalia is ordered from the University Bookstore. For information on ordering and the next Grad Fest event, contact them by phone at (336) 334 - 7593 or visit them online at http://www.ncat.edu/divisions/business-and-finance/aux-services/bookstore/.
- If you will not complete degree requirements in the current semester for which you applied, please email the your STAR Associate based upon your school/college to request that your graduation application be withdrawn. You must reapply for graduation and enroll in minimum of one credit hour for the semester you expect to graduate.
What if You Do not Complete All Degree Requirements?
1. Officially enroll/register for the term in which you intend to graduate
2. Pay required tuition and fees;
3. Submit a new Application for Graduation for the semester in which you expect to graduate to the School of Graduate Studies by the deadline date specified in the University academic calendar.
Apply for Graduation