The Society for the Advancement of Management (SAM) is one of North Carolina A&T State University’s premiere student organizations with a focus in all areas of business. SAM welcomes all Business and Economics students who are interested in developing management skills and expertise through participation in programs and services designed to improve the professional quality of their knowledge, performance, and leadership ability.
SAM builds leaders for today’s world by providing valuable, in-depth information. Insightful speakers provide SAM members a glimpse into current business trends. SAM’s speakers are encouraged to present on current and applicable information, catered to the student audience, for more value-add in our members’ education.
Collaborative networking socials are an opportunity to practice soft-skills and meet professionals. With SAM’s strong relationships to the University, the local community, and global enterprises, our socials allow meet-and-greets with a wide audience, from up-and-coming professionals, to experienced business leaders.
SAM members are encouraged to help fulfill SAM’s mission and meet SAM’s core values of education, networking and empowerment. SAM is dedicated to searching for high-impact and high-visibility activities for members to practice their education, networking, and collaborative skills. SAM’s mentoring and shadowing opportunities are provided by experienced board members and cater to a broad area of interest, ranging from Information Systems, General Management, Human Resources, to Event and Financial Management. SAM’s commitment to empowering students through practice has created this low-risk environment for students searching for experience.
SIGMA IOTA EPSILON
Sigma Iota Epsilon welcomes Management majors who have completed at least 30 credit hours at North Carolina A&T State University with a grade point average of 3.25 or better.
The purpose of Sigma Iota Epsilon is twofold:
- To encourage and recognize scholastic excellence
- To promote cooperation between the academic and practical aspects of management.
The Goals of Sigma Iota Epsilon are:
- To stimulate interest and achievement in the field of Management
- To stimulate scholarship in Management;
- To facilitate contacts between students and practicing managers
- To recognize persons who have made contributions to the field of Management
- To gain recognition of the contribution and value of scholastic achievement in the Management discipline
THE SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (SHRM)
SHRM welcomes all students who are interested in human resource management.
SHRM is the global HR professional organization that exists to:
- Build and sustain partnerships with human resource professionals, media, governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses and academic institutions to address people management challenges that influence the effectiveness and sustainability of their organizations and communities.
- Provide a community for human resource professionals, media, governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses and academic institutions to share expertise and create innovative solutions on people management issues.
- Proactively provide thought leadership, education and research to human resource professionals, media, governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses and academic institutions.
Serve as an advocate to ensure that policy makers, law makers and regulators are aware of key people concerns facing organizations and the human resource profession.
SHRM will be a globally recognized authority whose voice is heard on the most pressing people management issues of the day – now and in the future.
AGGIE STUDENT ENTREPRENEURSHIP CLUB
Aggie Student Entrepreneurship Club serves as a medium for students to gain knowledge and connect with local and alumni entrepreneurs to encourage entrepreneurship among students while providing educational and other support for those interested in a profit or non-profit venture.
ASSOCIATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONALS (AITP)
The AITP student organization offers opportunities for Information Technology (IT) leadership and education through partnerships with industry and government. AITP provides quality IT related education, information on relevant IT issues and forums for networking with experienced peers and other IT professionals.
The Aggie Chapter of AITP is sponsored by the Piedmont Professional Chapter of AITP which holds meetings at which the Aggie chapter members attend and network with area IT professional. The Aggie chapter has formed partnerships with Cargill and Caterpillar to support attendance at the annual conference.