Dr. Frank I. Mullins
Position: Assistant Professor of Management
Telephone: (336) 285-3362
Fax: (336) 256-2645
209 Merrick Hall
Dr. Frank Mullins is an Assistant Professor of Management at North Carolina A&T State University in the School of Business and Economics. Dr. Mullins’ research interests include strategic human resource management, employee ownership, family firms, and corporate governance. His research appears in Human Resource Management and Advances in Industrial and Labor Relations and has been presented at the Academy of Management, American Psychological Association, Southern Management Association, and Labor and Employment Relations Association conferences, among others. Dr. Mullins teaches graduate courses in compensation & benefits, staffing, training & development, and human resource management and undergraduate courses in human resource management and organizational behavior. Dr. Mullins has served as the Chair of the Caucus committee for the 2014 Academy of Management conference.
Educational and Professional Experiences
Dr. Mullins earned his Ph.D. in Business Administration and MBA from Syracuse University, and his Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Oakwood University. During his doctoral studies, he was an Exchange Scholar at Cornell University in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations. He is also a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) from the HR Certification Institute™ and has earned a certificate in The Art & Craft of Discussion Leadership from Harvard Business Publishing. Prior to his academic career, Dr. Mullins worked for the IBM Corporation in the areas of compensation, staffing, employee relations, training and development, and diversity.
Honors and Awards
- Louis O. Kelso Fellowship – the Employee Ownership Foundation & Rutgers University, School of Management & Labor Relations (2014-2015)
- Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award – North Carolina A&T State University (2014)
- Bill Nobles Fellowship – Rutgers University, School of Management & Labor Relations (2012-2013)
- Elon Pre-Doctoral Fellowship – Elon University, Love School of Business (2009-2010)
- IBM Knowledge Advantage Award – the IBM Corporation (2002)
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Strategy & Human Resources – Syracuse University, Whitman School of Management (2001)