Message from the Chairperson, Dr. Vereda J. Williams
Welcome to our Department where we offer four Economics degrees. Did you know that:
- According to the Spring 2012 National Association of Colleges and Employers student survey, students with Economics degrees on average received one of the highest starting salaries of all university degrees?
- That only a handful of schools in the entire country offer an economics degree with a concentration in Law, and ours is one of them?
- That Economics is one of the top majors at Harvard, Brown, Duke, UVA, and many more?
- That the highest scoring major on the LSAT (law school entrance exam) is the Economics major?
As one of the highest-paying and most marketable majors of all university degrees, we offer an exciting opportunity to start your professional career at the most advanced level possible. And did you also know that:
- We currently have 12 fulltime PhD faculty?
- That our Department currently ranks in the top 24% worldwide in economic research?
- That last year we had 19 prestigious peer-reviewed journal publications with 11 more accepted?
- That last year we had $1.175 million in ongoing grant activity?
In addition to our faculty's dedication as teachers, mentors, and advisors, all of our faculty continuously engage in some of the highest level research in their fields. With many publications and millions of dollars in grants, our faculty are recognized around the world. Exposure to this atmosphere of high research activity not only prepares you for areas within the private sector that are more advanced than graduates from other institutions, but more importantly, will allow you to more smoothly transition into graduate school if desired.
Again, welcome to our department and please remember that we are here to help YOU succeed!
Click Here for resources helpful to students related to various standardized test such as LSAT, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, SAT, PSAT, ACT and 50 other major test.
Vereda J. Williams, Ph.D.
Chairperson, Associate Professor of Economics and Director of the Financial Traiding Room
Department of Economics
225 Merrick Hall
School of Business and Economics
North Carolina A&T State University
1601 East Market Street
(336) 256-2055 (Fax)