Vision and Mission
Vision: The vision of the Department of Accounting and Finance is to be recognized nationally as a source of high-quality education that produces dynamic leaders in accounting and finance.
Mission: The mission of the Department of Accounting and Finance is to produce leaders who increase the competitiveness of their organizations through effective analysis and communication of financial information. We will achieve this mission through innovative instruction and relevant practical scholarship in a diverse and inclusive, student-focused environment.
- Ethics and Integrity—Demonstrated by honesty, trustworthiness, and high-moral character
- Fairness—Demonstrated by equity, transparency, and respect for others
- Freedom of Inquiry—Demonstrated by a learning environment that encourages and respects intellectual curiosity
- Collegiality and Professionalism—Demonstrated by a culture that fosters collaboration, cooperation, and civility
- Excellence—Demonstrated by a continuous commitment toward preeminence in all that we do
- Diversity and Inclusion—Demonstrated by an environment that values and integrates diverse perspectives, life experiences, and cultures
- Global Citizenship—Demonstrated by a commitment to build a more just and sustainable world