Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T helps people across the state lead better lives by finding solutions to their problems. We deliver educational programs and technology to enrich the lives, the land and the economy of North Carolina’s limited-resource individuals, families and communities.
Cooperative Extension is unique in structure and function. Through the expertise of specialists, associates and county-based agents, Extension is the outreach arm of the University and its School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. Our programs are developed here at the campus level and then delivered to people through our 101 Cooperative Extension centers across the state.
Using long-range planning and evaluation to adapt our programs to our communities’ emerging needs and issues, Cooperative Extension at A&T is a responsive, high-touch organization that works in partnership with North Carolina State University.
Through its programs in 4-H and Youth Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community and Rural Development and Family and Consumer Sciences, Cooperative Extension embraces emerging issues with research-based programs focused on nine major goals which bring Extension to you and to your community:
1) Community, Leader and Volunteer Development
2) Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
3) Energy Conservation and Alternatives
4) Environmental Stewardship and Natural Resource Management
5) Healthy Weight and Chronic Disease Prevention
6) Life Skills and Parenting
7) Sustainable, Profitable and Safe Plant, Animal and Food Systems
8) Workforce and Economic Development
9) Youth and Adults Achieve Educational Success
The Cooperative Extension Program is located in Coltrane Hall on campus. (336) 334-7956.
COOPERATIVE EXTENSION NEWS
U.S. News & World Report has ranked North Carolina A&T State University among the Best Online Programs for Veterans.
Now that the class of 2015 has turned its tassel, it’s time for the newly elected Student Government Association to begin its tenure.
Dr. Lyubov Kurkalova has been named the Senior Researcher of the Year at North Carolina A&T State University.
University Events Center
- Small Farms @ N.C. A&T
- 2015 Small Farms Week Schedule
- Speedway To Healthy
- Solutions for North Carolina
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- 2015 Student Internship Program
- County Extension Offices
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- United States Department of Agriculture