Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T helps people across the state lead better lives by finding solutions to their problems. We deliver educational programs and technology to enrich the lives, the land and the economy of North Carolina’s limited-resource individuals, families and communities.
Cooperative Extension is unique in structure and function. Through the expertise of specialists, associates and county-based agents, Extension is the outreach arm of the University and its School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. Our programs are developed here at the campus level and then delivered to people through our 101 Cooperative Extension centers across the state.
Using long-range planning and evaluation to adapt our programs to our communities’ emerging needs and issues, Cooperative Extension at A&T is a responsive, high-touch organization that works in partnership with North Carolina State University.
Through its programs in 4-H and Youth Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community and Rural Development and Family and Consumer Sciences, Cooperative Extension embraces emerging issues with research-based programs focused on nine major goals which bring Extension to you and to your community:
1) Community, Leader and Volunteer Development
2) Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
3) Energy Conservation and Alternatives
4) Environmental Stewardship and Natural Resource Management
5) Healthy Weight and Chronic Disease Prevention
6) Life Skills and Parenting
7) Sustainable, Profitable and Safe Plant, Animal and Food Systems
8) Workforce and Economic Development
9) Youth and Adults Achieve Educational Success
The Cooperative Extension Program is located in Coltrane Hall on campus. (336) 334-7956.
COOPERATIVE EXTENSION NEWS
Dr. Musibau Shofoluwe, professor of Technology at North Carolina A&T State University, has been awarded a fellowship by the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program to travel to Nigeria.
In a White House release on May 5, President Barack Obama announced his intent to appoint North Carolina A&T State University alumnus and Board of Trustee member, Janice Bryant Howroyd, to serve on the President’s Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).
Adobe Systems, Inc. is partnering with North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, to provide Technical Writing Concentration majors with access to the Adobe Technical Communication Suite starting summer 2016.
University Events Center
- Small Farms @ N.C. A&T
- Speedway To Healthy
- Solutions for North Carolina
- Nomination for 2016 North Carolina Small Farmer of the Year
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- County Extension Offices
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- United States Department of Agriculture