Cooperative Extension Programs
Through its programs in 4-H and Youth Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community and Rural Development and Family and Consumer Sciences, Cooperative Extension embraces emerging issues with research-based programs focused on nine major goals which bring Extension to you and to your community:
1) Community, Leader and Volunteer Development
2) Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
3) Energy Conservation and Alternatives
4) Environmental Stewardship and Natural Resource Management
5) Healthy Weight and Chronic Disease Prevention
6) Life Skills and Parenting
7) Sustainable, Profitable and Safe Plant, Animal and Food Systems
8) Workforce and Economic Development
9) Youth and Adults Achieve Educational Success
The Cooperative Extension Program is located in Coltrane Hall on campus. (336) 334-7956.
Dr. Salil Desai, associate professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) at North Carolina A&T State University was recently awarded the distinguished Chao and Trigger Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the Outstanding Mid-Career Teaching Award by the American Society for Engineering Education in the manufacturing engineering division.
North Carolina A&T State University Athletics mourns the passing of former radio broadcaster for Aggies football and N.C. A&T Sports Hall of Fame member, Melvin C. Swann Jr., (Aug. 20, 1935-June 4, 2016).
Collard connoisseurs rejoice. Researchers at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University are demonstrating environmentally friendly methods to reduce bugs on the greens, during the 15th annual Small Farms Field Day.