Cooperative Extension Programs
Through its programs in 4-H and Youth Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community and Rural Development and Family and Consumer Sciences, Cooperative Extension embraces emerging issues with research-based programs focused on nine major goals which bring Extension to you and to your community:
1) Community, Leader and Volunteer Development
2) Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
3) Energy Conservation and Alternatives
4) Environmental Stewardship and Natural Resource Management
5) Healthy Weight and Chronic Disease Prevention
6) Life Skills and Parenting
7) Sustainable, Profitable and Safe Plant, Animal and Food Systems
8) Workforce and Economic Development
9) Youth and Adults Achieve Educational Success
The Cooperative Extension Program is located in Coltrane Hall on campus. (336) 334-7956.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University has named Dr. Miriam L. Wagner as the interim dean for the School of Education, effective July 1.
The University of North Carolina Board of Governors recently approved a new Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology at N.C. A&T State University.
In the second annual ranking, the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) ranked N.C. A&T’s teacher preparation programs among the top in the state.