Cooperative Extension Programs
Through its programs in 4-H and Youth Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community and Rural Development and Family and Consumer Sciences, Cooperative Extension embraces emerging issues with research-based programs focused on nine major goals which bring Extension to you and to your community:
1) Community, Leader and Volunteer Development
2) Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
3) Energy Conservation and Alternatives
4) Environmental Stewardship and Natural Resource Management
5) Healthy Weight and Chronic Disease Prevention
6) Life Skills and Parenting
7) Sustainable, Profitable and Safe Plant, Animal and Food Systems
8) Workforce and Economic Development
9) Youth and Adults Achieve Educational Success
The Cooperative Extension Program is located in Coltrane Hall on campus. (336) 334-7956.
The Triangle Business Journal has reported that N.C. A&T ranks No. 1 among HBCUs in North Carolina and No. 4 in the UNC System for the highest return on investment.
An agriculture research project at N.C. A&T will establish recommendations for small-scale urban vegetable production for the Piedmont.
A group of undergraduates are researching the movement of hurricanes, design of small-satellite systems and other earth science and engineering systems.
University Events Center