SAES Social Media Guidelines
Social Media Definition
- Social media includes web- and mobile-based technologies which are used to turn communication into interactive dialogue among organizations, communities, and individuals.
Social Media Platforms
- Technologies and tools used by SAES include Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Movable Type (and its RSS Feeds), and YouTube
SAES Social Media Goals
- Recruitment of new students and retention of current students
- Distribute easily accessible, syndicated and uploadable content through multiple channels.
- Provide additional means for engagement and feedback with current students, potential students, alumni and stakeholders.
SAES Content Guidelines
- Content posted through NC A&T School of Agriculture and Environmental Design authorized Social Media sites should be made with the understanding it is posted representing North Carolina A&T State University and the School of Environmental Sciences its departments.
- Personal social media accounts should be for an individual’s personal use only and not identify the user as an official representative of NC A&T State University or SAES
- Authorized University / SAES accounts
- Avoid posting internal/confidential university information, policies and operations in addition to the personal information of University students, employees and alumni.
- The use of University logos and graphics, should be in compliance with NC A&T University Relations
Recommended NCAT & SAES Hashtags
- #ncatsaes #ncat #ncatanisci #ncatfcs #ncatagbusiness #ncatageducation #ncatnred #ncatfashion #ncatextension