First Things First
Welcome to the “First Things First” page. Here, we have compiled a list of tasks that you will need to complete before you begin your graduate studies. All items here are required unless otherwise noted. Click here to download a fillable version of this to-do list.
Accept Admission Offer
- An acceptance letter will be sent to you through your personal graduate school admissions portal. You must log in electronically and accept the admission offer as soon as possible
- Pin Number Details: Upon admission into the university, you will be given a Pin Number sent via email through your graduate school portal. This number is not be confused with your Alternate Pin Number, which will be distributed to you by your academic advisor to complete your registration process
- Open www.ncat.edu under CURRENT STUDENT, click Aggie Access Online link. A new window opens describing Web For Students. Click on WEB FOR STUDENTS.
- On the next page, click the ‘ENTER SECURE AREA’ line.
- You are now on the user login screen. Enter your User ID (Banner ID) and Pin Number. Click the LOGIN Button. (1st Time Login ONLY) When you login to Banner for the 1st time, Banner informs you that your PIN has expired. It requires you to re-enter your old PIN number and enter a new PIN number, and re-enter the new PIN number.
- Select LOGIN. The system will require you to type in a ‘SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER.’ DO NOT create a security question with an obvious answer.
Activate Aggie Access Account and Aggie Gmail
Aggie Access is your key to secure online services at A&T. You will need it to view and pay your bursar (tuition) bill, add and drop courses, check financial aid awards and more. You’re A&T email address will be used for official university announcements and class assignments.Your student I.D number will be sent to you after the university receives your response to your offer of admission. You will use that I.D number and a personal password to log into your Aggie Access account.
You are expected to activate Aggie email account* immediately.
- Memorize Your Student I.D. Number
- All new students must memorize their 9 digit Banner ID #. This is your unique personal identifier at A&T. It will be printed on your Aggie One card. You will be required to use it when filling out forms, paying bills, security verification and more.
Review Housing and Dining Options
- Housing Options, Optional: Housing and Residence Life (HRL) desires to stimulate and challenge residents to fulfill their educational goals and ambitions through quality education, social, and cultural programs that promote community within residence halls. Our goal is to build a foundation of service, scholarship, and leadership as both undergraduate and graduate students of the university embracing their campus living experience. HRL provides student employment and living-learning opportunities that allow them to build professional skills, embrace diversity, and develop lifelong relationships.
- Dining/Meal Plan Enrollment Optional: Click here to review your dining options. You can apply for your meal plan on your Aggie Access Account
Register for the New Student Welcome Program & Resource Fair
The Spring 2016 New Graduate Student Welcome Program & Resource Fair will be held for all new graduate students in January. The purpose of the on-campus New Graduate Student Welcome Day is to introduce you to your new colleagues and campus, and to foster interdisciplinary interaction and collaboration with other new graduate professionals. Register Now.
Before You Arrive
- Health Insurance/Blue Cross Blue Shield- Student Blue: Current students must opt-in, or waive the Student Blue insurance for the academic school year. Read more information on Student Blue
- Update Primary and Emergency Contact Address: Did you move? Did your mailing address change? A&T must have an accurate mailing address to ensure you receive critical information. Confirm & update your address so you don't miss important information. Visit your aggie access account to make changes to your contact list.
- Pay Tuition Bill: Your tuition bill will be electronically sent to your Aggie email and you Aggie Access account. A bill will also be sent by mail to the address that is filed. You will need to view and pay tuition by (insert date)
- For more on tuition payments contact Financial Aid. Financial Aid is any source of funds available to assist students pay for the costs of college education. If you think you will need assistance, you are encouraged to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). NC A&T University Federal School Code: 002905. A PIN is required to complete the FAFSA.
- Contact the Treasure’s office. The North Carolina A&T State University Treasurer’s Office is comprised of three functional areas: Student Accounts, the Cashier’s Office, and Student Collections. The objective of the Treasurer’s office is to help students obtain important information about tuition and fee costs as well as related account information.
- Print Out Itinerary for Welcome Week: Best Welcome Week Ever Full Schedule
- Check Registration Status: The university will update your registration status on Aggie Access. You will need to obtain an Alternate Pin Number from your academic advisor in order to proceed with class registration. For more instructions about your Alternate Pin Number, visit the University Registrar website.
- Login to your Aggie Access account: (Banner ID & Pin required to login) to make sure that you have no holds preventing your university registration and to make sure that you have registered for the required courses for the semester. For steps on first time registration, please view the Registration User Guide
- Parking Pass Information: Parking Services manages the university’s parking resources by providing campus access to the campus community, visitors and our guests. Parking Services is committed to a safe and orderly parking environment through enforcement of parking rules and regulations. Parking services is a customer service driven department and offer minor roadside services such as battery jumps and vehicle unlocks. Rules and regulations governing parking on campus can be found the Parking Services website or a copy is available at the Parking Services Office.
- Pick Up Aggie One Card: The Aggie One Card is your 'passport' to many services here at NC A&T. It is your Official University Identification Card. It is your meal card; library card; key intoResidence Halls; avenue for purchasing drinks from the vending machines; making copies; paying for laundry, parking, mail and health services, or buying a book at the bookstore; and your ticket into football and basketball games.
- You can also link this card to your Wells Fargo Checking Account, you can withdraw funds from your bank account. Read more information about the Aggie OneCard
- Click here to add funds to your Aggie One card
- Plan Student Involvement: Students come to NC A&T to achieve academic success, but they’re also here to grow as individuals and as contributing members of a larger community. We provide on-campus opportunities for development outside the classroom because we want you to discover your own path to global engagement as citizens and leaders. It is recommended that students get involved around campus. The university has countless organizations and opportunities for students. See Campus Life Activities
*Distance learning students should also refer to the Distance Learning website for additional information and resources.