North Carolina A&T State University is a member of the University of North Carolina system and is located in Greensboro in the state of North Carolina, USA. The Graduate School at North Carolina A&T State University offers 9 doctoral degree programs (11 concentrations), 29 master's degree programs (46 concentrations), one post-master’s certificate program, and 8 post-baccalaureate certificate programs in collaboration with the following schools and colleges: School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Economics, School of Education, College of Engineering, School of Technology, and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. Degrees offered include PhD, MA, MAEd, MAT, MBA, MS, MSA, and MSW. Currently, six graduate programs including one doctoral program, five master’s programs and one post-baccalaureate certificate program are available online through distance education. NC A&T also offers a variety of financial assistance options for graduate study.
News & Announcements
- The Spring 2016 Application for Admission Deadline Extended to December 1, 2015.
- Learn more about managing your finances for graduate school at GradSense.
School of Education among Best Values in the State
The National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) ranked the School of Education at North Carolina A&T State University No. 4 in North Carolina as a “Best Value” college of education. The national, non-partisan research and policy organization on education ranked N.C. A&T No. 5 for the graduate program in secondary education. Colleges of education listed as “Best Value” scored highest on a combination of quality and affordability factors, average teacher salary and how well the school prepares future teachers for the realities of the classroom as shown on PathToTeach, NCTQ’s website billed as the consumer guide to colleges of education. NCTQ used an A-F grading scale and standardizing measures to allow comparison (such as salaries adjusted for equivalent purchasing power). Across 35 states, a total of 416 programs received a grade of A or B. The graduate program at A&T received the grade of A-.
- A&T is top ranked public HBCU in the nation with nationally ranked programs
- Public HBCU #1
- Industrial and Systems Engineering #69
- Social Work (joint with UNCG) #104
- Mechanical Engineering #128
- Online Graduate Information Technology #16
- Online Graduate Education programs #125
- Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs for Veterans #16
- Online Graduate Education Programs for Veterans #112
- A&T celebrates 125 years of excellence, innovation and pride
- A&T is Money magazine's Top 10 Best College in NC
- A&T Graduates' ROI is Among North Carolina's Highest
- N.C. A&T Receives Carnegie’s Community Engagement Classification
- N.C. A&T Maintains No. 2 Spot for Social Mobility
- A&T Gets Approval for MBA Program
- NCA&T ranked #1 in the nation among public historically black colleges and universities
N.C. A&T does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the fourth consecutive year, students from all 17 constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina will convene at North Carolina A&T State University for the Social Entrepreneurship Conference on Feb. 16, in the Alumni-Foundation Event Center.
Members of North Carolina A&T State University’s Office of Facilities, other university volunteers and the local Habitat for Humanity, braved the cold air and muddy ground on Jan. 16 because they were determined to fulfill their commitment to help a local family build their home.
A siren test will be conducted at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University at 2 p.m. on Thursday Feb. 11.
University Events Center