Graduate Certificate Programs
Post-baccalaureate and post-masters certificate programs are designed to provide specialized graduate level training in a focused area. The minimal criteria are:
- All courses comprising the certificate program must be at a level acceptable for graduate credit, i.e. a course numbered at 600 or higher.
- The minimum number of semester credit hours required for a certificate may vary from program to program, but must consist of at least 12 semester credit hours.
- Courses required by the certificate program must be taught by members of the graduate faculty.
- Admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies must be met by an applicant.
- A student may be admitted to the School of Graduate Studies for a certificate program without being admitted to a degree program. A student may subsequently apply for admission to a degree program for which the certificate credit hours constitutes some portion of total requirements, subject to the Graduate Transfer Credits policy.