A student is entitled to a refund when the account is overpaid and a credit balance is created.  A student must officially withdraw from courses and, as appropriate, withdraw from the University by the posted deadline to avoid academic or financial responsibility.  A student who withdraws from the University may be entitled to a partial refund of tuition and fees based on date of withdrawal; the refund schedule is available from the Treasurer’s office.

Students who are awarded Federal Financial Aid and choose to withdraw will also be subject to the “Return of Title IV Funds Policy”.  In such cases, the Financial Aid office recalculates eligibility of Title IV funds.  This may result in an unpaid balance due to the university.  For details, students are referred to the Financial Aid office.