The Master of Science Program in Electrical Engineering provides graduate level education for advanced professional practice or for further graduate studies. The program is open to students with a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline from an institution of recognized standing. The Doctoral Program is the terminal degree within the Department of Electrical Engineering at North Carolina A&T State University. The educational objectives of these programs are as follows:
- To provide master and doctoral levels of studies for students who completed their bachelor’s or master’s degrees from the North Carolina A&T State University, or an ABET accredited, equivalent university.
- To provide local practicing electrical engineers from the Piedmont Triad with a part-time graduate program in electrical engineering.
- To provide the region with a full-time graduate electrical engineering program.
- To foster research in electrical engineering for the benefit of North Carolina A&T State University and its graduate students.
- To enrich the undergraduate program as a result of student interaction with high quality engineering faculty who are concerned with graduate study and research.
- To provide a graduate level electrical engineering resource base to support electrical engineering activities in local and regional industry and in government.
- To foster industrial development in the state and region.
The programs emphasize areas of specialization, which are the current strengths of the department. Thus, the department offers the following four areas of concentration for the graduate programs:
- Computer Engineering
- Communications and Signal Processing
- Electronic and Optical Materials and Devices
- Power Systems and Control
There are other academic programs within the university that are related to the graduate programs in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. These programs are important because they include academic subject matter of potential interest to students as supporting courses and areas of minor concentration. Specific supporting master’s degree programs include:
- Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- General (interdisciplinary) Engineering
The Graduate Program in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers the following degrees:
- Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy - Electrical Engineering
For the third consecutive year, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is among the top 7 percent of universities in the world for campus sustainability and environment friendly university management, according to Universitas Indonesia’s GreenMetric Ranking of World Universities.
The North Carolina A&T Blue and Gold Marching Machine will spend Tuesday, Feb. 9 performing in the famed Rex Parade and participating in Mardi Gras activities in New Orleans, Louisiana.
In an effort to continually invest in local education, communications provider, AT&T made a $250,000 contribution to the Middle College at North Carolina A&T State University.
University Events Center
- Graduate Programs
- Master Degree Program Requirements
- Ph.D. Program Requirements
- Graduate Handbook (PDF) 2014
- Application for Oral Examination
- Results of Oral Examination
- Application for Qualifying Exam
- Subjects/Courses for Qualifying Exam
- Research Title and Scope Approval for MS Thesis or Project
- Plan of Graduate Study (Graduate School)
- Result for Oral Defense (Grad School)