ECEN Department Admissions
Admission RequirementsThe admission policy as defined in the current North Carolina A&T State University Undergraduate Bulletin will be invoked. To be admitted to the University as a regular student, an applicant must meet the following entrance requirements:
- Be graduated or scheduled to graduate from an accredited high school.
- (In exceptional cases admission by special examination is possible.)
- Complete sixteen (16) acceptable units of secondary school credit.
- Present a satisfactory score on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
For admission to all undergraduate programs, the applicant must present sixteen (16) units of high school credit in the following academic fields:
Number of Units
|English - - - - - - - - -||
|Mathematics** - - - - - - - - -||
|Social Science (preferably U.S. History) - - - - - - - - -||
|Science (Physical, Biological, & laboratory course) - - - - -||
|Electives * - - - - - - - - -||
* It is recommended that prospective students complete at least two course units in one foreign language, and that they take one foreign language course and one mathematics course unit in the twelfth grade.
** Students who plan to major in Engineering, Mathematics and Physics must have two units of Algebra, one unit of Plane Geometry and one-half unit of Trigonometry.
A student who wishes to transfer from another accredited college or university must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a cumulative average of "C" or above.
- Transfer students who have attended an accredited college but have earned less than 30 semester hours of acceptable credits or equivalent must meet all freshman requirements. These students must have a cumulative average "C" and they must be eligible to return to the institution last attended.
- A minimum of 60% of the required 128 credit hours (or 77 hours) must be earned at North Carolina A&T State University in order to be considered for graduation with honors.
Applications from transfer students cannot be considered until credentials are received from the college and all other institutions previously attended. In addition, there must be a statement of good standing and honorable dismissal from these institutions. Previous college records must show a cumulative average of "C" or above, no course is accepted in which a grade of below a "C-" was originally earned. Accepted courses are recorded to the student's credit, but points are not calculated on the transferred courses. The grade point average for a transfer student is calculated on the courses taken at NCA&TSU. The maximum numBer of acceptable transfer credits is 80 semester hours.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University welcomes and accepts applicants from qualified student who are not United States citizens. Such students must meet each of the following criteria.
- Satisfy all requirements governing admissions for the College to which the application is made. The expected program of study from their Feeder College should be university preparatory and the leaving College certification marks must support academic promise.
- Show proficiency in written and oral English usage. If English is not the first language of communication, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required and a satisfactory level of English Proficiency on both the total and part scores are required.
- Can conform to all contract regulations of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services and be eligible for F-1 Student Status as a freshman or transfer from another College.
The I-20, Certificate of Eligibility, will be prepared for all new international students who are admitted to the University and who have official documentation on file attesting to their ability to meet their College fees. The University has no financial aid for international students and permission to work is not usually granted by INS. For more information, visit Office of International Programs.
Dr. Salil Desai, associate professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) at North Carolina A&T State University was recently awarded the distinguished Chao and Trigger Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the Outstanding Mid-Career Teaching Award by the American Society for Engineering Education in the manufacturing engineering division.
North Carolina A&T State University Athletics mourns the passing of former radio broadcaster for Aggies football and N.C. A&T Sports Hall of Fame member, Melvin C. Swann Jr., (Aug. 20, 1935-June 4, 2016).
Collard connoisseurs rejoice. Researchers at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University are demonstrating environmentally friendly methods to reduce bugs on the greens, during the 15th annual Small Farms Field Day.