Faculty and students associated and affiliated with CSE have expertise and interest in the following research areas.
- Optimization, management, and reliability of critical infrastructure systems, remote sensing, GIS
- Computational graph and network models, operations research. Industrial process modeling and simulation
- Energy and power network modeling, analysis, and simulation
- Physics-based process, transport, phenomenological and computational modeling
- Computational Biology – Bioinformatics, genomics, epidemiology, bio-statistics, protein modeling, and drug design
- Computational Chemistry – Molecular dynamics, atomistic modeling/simulations
- Climate/Weather/Ocean and environmental quality modeling and simulation (in collaboration with EES).
- Image Analysis, data mining and data visualization
- Computer-aided modeling, design and grid generation. Computational geometry
- Atomistic and quantum modeling and simulation
- Computational Finance and econometric modeling
- Computational electromagnetics. Computational acoustics. Multi-scale/multi-physics modeling
- High-performance computing and simulations.
- Physics modeling. Modeling/simulations for experimental nuclear physics
- Probability and stochastic modeling