Bachelor of Science
Accreditation & Degree Programs Information
The Computer Science Department offers the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Computer Science. The B.S. program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Faculty members teach all of the Computer Science classes. Graduate and undergraduate teaching assistants provide assistance in scheduled computer laboratories.
B. S. Admission Policies
Actual admission into the Computer Science Undergraduate Program is coordinated through the NC A&T State University Admissions Office. Students must first apply to the University and support his/her application for admission with the following evidence of qualification in order to be considered for admission into the Computer Science Undergraduate Program:
- English – 4 units emphasizing grammar, composition and literature
- Science – 3 units (including at least one unit in a biological or life science, one unit in a physical science, and one unit in Chemistry. At least one unit should have a laboratory component.)
- Mathematics - 4 units (including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and an additional unit beyond Algebra II - e.g., Trigonometry, Math Analysis, etc.).
- Social Sciences - 2 units (including at least one unit in United States History)
- Foreign Language 2 units are recommended in one foreign language.
- Electives - 3 units (no more than 2 units in vocational subjects and 2 units in the disciplines of Music and Physical Education)
An applicant's high school record, class rank, and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or Admission College Test (ACT) scores are used in the admission decision process.
|Required Computer Science & Computer Programming Courses||57 credit hours|
|Computer Science Electives||3 credit hours|
|Mathematics||20 credit hours|
|Science||12 credit hours|
|General Education Requirements (Cluster/Business electives)||32 credit hours|
|Total Credit Hours||124 credit hours|
Policy for Changing Your Major to Computer Science
If you are currently undecided or in another major at North Carolina A&T State University, and you wish to change your major to Computer Science, you must meet the following criteria.
1. Complete GEEN163 with a grade of C or better.
2. Complete MATH131 or MATH123 or COMP180 with a grade of C or better.
3. Must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better.