Taher Abu-Lebdeh, Ph.D., P.E.
Contact: 437B McNair Hall
Ph: (336) 285-3670
Fax: (336) 334-7126
Ph.D. Louisiana State University 1992
M.S. Yarmouk University, Jordan 1988
B.S. Yarmouk University, Jordan 1984
CIEN 640 Advanced Structural Analysis
CIEN 730 Reinforced Concrete II
CIEN 731 Structural Steel II
CIEN 733 Advanced Reinforced Concrete
CIEN 785 Prestressed Concrete Design
CAAE 536 Reinforced Concrete Design
CAAE 331 Engineering Mechanics I-Statics
CAAE 332Solid Mechanics
Durability, repair and rehabilitation of concrete; Inelastic Analysis of Structural Element; Damage and Fracture Mechanics; Constitutive modeling of material behavior
- Pipeline Developing of Skilled Workface in Advanced Manufacturing Consortium for Advanced Manufacturing (CAM), $4.3 Million for three years. Funded by NNSA stating October 1st, 2014
- Characterization of High-Performance and High-Strength Fiber Reinforced Concrete Armor in Materials, ERDC, $300,000, May 15, 2007 to May 14, 2010
- Supporting the Strategic Plan of the Technology Transition Office, DOD-DTRA-Defense Threat Reduction Agency. $21,550. June 1 to December 31, 2010
- Integration of Sensor Technologies into the Civil Engineering Curriculum, Funding Agency: UNC- NC STATE UNIVERSITY(NSF 09-529), $4000.00, February 1, 2009 to December 31, 2010
- Using Sulfur Cement as a Lunar Soil Stabilizer, Funding Agency: NC SPACE GRANT-NASA, $15,000.00, March 15, 2009 to March 15, 2010
- Implementation of Super pave Asphalt Binder Technology into Undergraduate Civil Engineering Curriculum, Targeted Infusion Projects, submitted to National Science Foundation (NSF 09-512), NSF $147k, , August 2009 to September 2011.
- Characterization of Damage in Concrete using X-Ray CT and SEM, Funding Agency: DOD-DTRA-Defense Threat Reduction Agency, $22,839.21,June 1, 2011 to December 31,2011
Selected Publications (* denotes graduate students)
- *Eldemerdash, M., T. Abu-Lebdeh and M.A. Nasra, 2012. Finite element analysis of large capacity endplate steel connections. J. Compute. Sci., 8: 482-493.
- Sameer Hamoush, Taher Abu-Lebdeh, Miguel Picornell, *Salah Amer, 2011. ” Development of sustainable engineered stone cladding for toughness, durability, and energy conservation”, Construction and Building Materials Journal, Vol. 25, pp 4006-4016.
- Abu-Lebdeh, T., S.A. Hamoush, and *B Zornig, 2010 “Rate Effect on Pullout Behavior of Steel Fibers Embedded in Very-High Strength Concrete”, American J. of Engineering and Applied Sciences 3 (2): 454-463.
- Abu-Lebdeh, T.M., E. Fini and *M. Lumpkin, 2012. Flexural and tensile characteristics of micro fiber-reinforced very high strength concrete thin panels. Am. J. Eng. Applied Sci., 5: 184-197.
- T. Abu-Lebdeh and George Z. Voyiadjis, "Plasticity-Damage Model for Concrete Under Cyclic Multiaxial Loading," Journal of Engineering mechanics, SCE,119(7),July 993, pp.1465-1484.