Manoj K. Jha, Ph.D., P.E.
Contact: 456 McNair Hall
Ph: (336) 285-3678
Fax: (336) 334-7126
Ph.D. Iowa State University
M.S. Iowa State University
M.E. Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
B.E. Institute of Engineering, Nepal
CAEE 362 Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
CAEE 363 Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
CAEE 364 Engineering Hydrology
CIEN 560 Water Resources Engineering
CIEN 668 Subsurface Hydrology
CIEN 702 Systems Analysis
Hydrology, Watershed Modeling, Hydrologic and Water Quality Modeling, Water Resources Engineering, Global Climate Change, Land Cover/Land Use Change Impact Analysis, GIS-supported Spatial Analyses and Model Applications (SWAT, APEX, EPIC, WEPP, QUAL2K, HEC-models), Extreme Events, Uncertainty Analysis
Current Research Projects (* denotes Lead PI)
- *NSF/Carleton College. Exploring water sustainability in cities: A course module linking geoscience, engineering, and society. 2013-2015. $11,250.
- USAID (U.S. Agency for International Development). Small-scale irrigation technologies and agricultural water management practices. 2013-2018. $625,000. (with Manuel Reyes, Joshua Idassi and Victor Ella)
- *U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Improving a watershed scale model to integrate wetlands into watershed planning. 2010-13. $16,244.
- *National Science Foundation (NSF). Northern Gulf of Mexico hypoxia and land use in the watershed: Feedback and scale interactions. 2010-13. $113,778.
- Jha MK, Gassman PW, Panagopoulos Y. 2013. Regional changes in nitrogen loadings in the Upper Mississippi River Basin under predicted mid-century climate. Regional Environmental Change (in-press)
- Jha MK, PW Gassman. 2013. Changes in hydrology and streamflow as predicted by modeling experiment forced with climate models. Hydrological Processes doi.: 10.1002/hyp.9836
- Jha MK, AK Singh. 2013. Trend analysis of extreme runoff events of major river basins in Peninsular Malaysia. International Journal of Water 7(1/2):142-158.
- Jha MK. 2012. Quantifying soil moisture distribution on a watershed scale. In: Soil Health and Land Use Management (Eds. M.C. Hernandez-Soriano). InTech Publisher. Croatia. ISBN: 979-953-307-735-1.
- Jha MK. 2011. Evaluating hydrologic response of an agricultural watershed for watershed analysis. Water 3(2): 604-617. DOI: 10.3390/w3020604.
- Jha MK, CF Wolter, PW Gassman, KE Schilling. 2010. Assessment of TMDL implementation strategies for nitrate impairment of the Raccoon River, Iowa. Journal of Environmental Quality 39(4):1317-1327. DOI:10.2134/jeq2009.0392.
- Jha MK, R. Gu. 2010. Risk analysis of seasonal stream water quality management. Water Science and Technology 62(9): 2075-2082. DOI: 10.2166/wst.2010.538.