Scholarships & Financial Aid
Undergraduate Financial Aid & Scholarships
The Office of Student Financial Aid is a resource for students and their families. The Office of Student Financial Aid hopes that students find the information on the website valuable as they seek financing for their college education.
Attending college is a financial investment in a student’s future. As students view the website, they should become familiar with the steps to apply for financial aid; the requirements to acquire and remain eligible for financial aid; and the various financial aid programs. The Office of Student Financial Aid is committed to reducing financial barriers and offers students the best financial aid package possible.
Students who apply to the College of Engineering should explore various scholarship opportunities:
- General Engineering Scholarships - Students who wish to apply for a general engineering scholarship may click here to fill out the interest form. Upon completion, please forward the interest form to Charlene Carr via email to email@example.com.
- External Scholarships - There are many organizations outside of North Carolina A&T that offer external scholarships. Contact your high school counselor to learn more about these opportunities. Most high schools have a list of websites that will allow you to screen for scholarships directed toward specific majors and/or specific groups of students.
- University Scholarships – North Carolina A&T offers scholarships to qualified entering students, regardless of major. Some are one-time scholarships, while others are renewable up to a total of four years provided the student performs at some specified minimum level and carries a full class load. University scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis among qualified students. It is therefore important to apply early for admission.
- College and Department Scholarships - The College of Engineering and its departments offer scholarships to qualified students. Some of these scholarships are for one year, while others are renewable up to a total of four years, provided the student maintains the grade point average that is designated within the scholarship requirements, and registers for at least 12 credits per semester towards an engineering degree. Information provided as part of the NCA&T admission application may be used to make the selections for scholarships.
If you have additional questions about engineering scholarships, please contact Mrs. Charlene Carr, the College of Engineering Director of Student Services, at (336) 285-2643 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Student Funding
The College understands that financial support can be important to the success of our graduate students. There are opportunities for funding from the University and the engineering departments.
Types of Aid
- Graduate Research Assistantships
Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs) are available to M.S. and Ph.D. students. As a GRA you will have the opportunity to join the research of your faculty advisor. Your advisor will assist you with research that may lead to your thesis or dissertation. Availability of GRAs is dependent on faculty research areas and funding/grant status.
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships
As a GTA, you will assist a faculty member with an engineering course. GTAs may be expected to assist with course development, delivery, grading, technological support, lab instruction, and other course-related duties. Academic background and familiarity with course content will play a role in selection for GTA positions.
Each of our engineering departments awards graduate scholarships and fellowships made possible by the generosity of donors. These awards allow us to honor the hard work and accomplishments of prospective and continuing engineering students.
- General Engineering Scholarships
Students who wish to apply for a general engineering scholarship may click here to fill out the interest form. Upon completion, please forward the interest form to Charlene Carr via email to email@example.com.
Visit the departmental websites or contact the graduate coordinators if you have questions regarding M.S. and Ph.D. programs, admissions requirements and deadlines, and available financial assistance:
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Sameer Hamoush, Chair
Dr. Shoou Yu Chang, Graduate Program Coordinator
Phone: (336) 334-7737