Visual & Performing Arts
Hello I'm Dr. Eleanor Gwynn Chair of the Department of Visual & Performing Arts. We are very excited to have the opportunity to share information with you about our extraordinary programs.
Each area of study - dance, music, theatre and visual arts has a long and strong academic and performance history. From Afro-Caribbean Dance to Jazz Music, Classical Theatre and Graphic Design our talented students are lead by gifted professors whose primary goal is excellence. The mission of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts is to provide students with exceptional professional programs, which combine development in artistic disciplines and career preparation in the arts. These programs are delivered to students through individualized and small group instruction within a broadly based curriculum. The Department fosters creativity, exploration and discovery in students though inter-disciplinary collaboration and outreach inspiring growth, change and global awareness through the arts. To support this mission, the faculty subscribes to the highest academic, artistic and ethical standards for themselves and their students. So, we invite you to experience our areas of study and performance events here at North Carolina A&T's Department of Visual & Performing Arts.
- VISUAL ARTS, DESIGN - BACHELOR OF ARTS
- VISUAL ARTS, DESIGN (VISUAL MEDIA DESIGN) - BACHELOR OF ARTS
- SECONDARY EDUCATION (ART EDUCATION) - BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
- LIBERAL STUDIES (DANCE) - BACHELOR OF ARTS
- MUSIC (GENERAL) - BACHELOR OF ARTS
- MUSIC (PERFORMANCE) - BACHELOR OF ARTS
- SECONDARY EDUCATION (MUSIC EDUCATION) - BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
- PROFESSIONAL THEATRE - BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS
Dr. Eleanor Gwynn
North Carolina A&T SU
1601 East market Street, Suite 322
Greensboro, North Carolina 27411