Undergraduate earth systems science research: atmospheric modeling, sensing, and the societal impact of environmental protection.
Energy and Environmental Systems
Energy and Environmental Systems Graduates Will Possess the Technical and Leadership Skills High in Demand in the Competitive Global Job Market
We are focused on providing students interested in a challenging, interdisciplinary STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) graduate education with an intellectually-stimulating, culturally-diverse, rewarding, and societally relevant career development experience.
The Energy and Environmental Systems Department's only degree program is the Ph.D. Program with three concentrations:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Sustainable Bioproducts
- Energy & Environmental Science & Economics
A B.S. to Ph.D. option is available that provides well-prepared students with the opportunity to get a doctoral degree in a shorter period of time.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
- ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS - DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS (ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES) - DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS (SUSTAINABLE BIOPRODUCTS) - DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS (ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES AND ECONOMICS) - DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY