College of Arts and Sciences
With 13 departments and programs in eight buildings, the College of Arts and Sciences is the largest academic unit at N.C. A&T, and is at the heart of any well-rounded course of study. This is where you will find the educational building blocks for careers in the arts, humanities, communications, mathematics, the social, behavioral and natural sciences and more.
Through excellent instruction and service-learning opportunities from the College of Arts and Sciences, our students hone their critical thinking skills, engage in contemporary research and develop creative problem-solving abilities in a variety of programs:
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology
- Criminal Justice
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Liberal Studies
- Political Science
- Secondary Education (Biology, Chemistry, English, History, Mathematics, Physics, Music, Art)
- Social Work
- Visual & Performing Arts/Theater & Dance (Professional Theatre; Visual Arts, Design; Music)
- Biology – Master of Science
- Chemistry – Master of Science
- Physics – Master of Science
- Energy and Environmental Systems – Ph.D.
- Applied Mathematics – Master of Science
- Social Work – Master of Social Work (Joint program with the University of North Carolina at Greensboro)
- English and African American Literature – Master of Arts
- Teaching – Master of Arts (Concentrations in Biology, Chemistry, English, History, & Mathematics)
Our graduates continue their studies at some of the most prestigious graduate schools in the nation, such as the late NASA astronaut Ron McNair, who followed up his N.C. A&T degree in physics with a distinguished academic career at MIT. Or they may immediately begin professional careers with the many research institutions, businesses, and government agencies that recruit and hire N.C. A&T students.
A&T put the ball in the hands of a freshman Saturday afternoon and then relied on its defense to secure an important 38-22 conference win over Howard.
Brianna Benedict, a graduate student in the department of industrial and systems engineering has been invited to participate in the White House Maker Faire.
N.C. A&T State University is the top HBCU (historically black college or university) in the state of North Carolina for the third consecutive year.
University Events Center