- Q: What distance learning courses and programs do you offer?
A: View the complete listing of distance learning courses and programs available at NCA&TSU.
- Q: How do I find my academic advisor?
A: Advisors are assigned by the department according to your program.
- Q: How do I obtain my Banner ID and where can I get my PIN Number?
A: You need to contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Q: How many online courses am I allowed to enroll in per semester?
A: Undergraduate students are allowed to enroll in twelve (12) or more semester hours to be designated as full-time students. Graduate students are allowed to enroll in nine (9) hours to be designated as full-time students. CDL recommends that students consult with their advisors before enrolling in more than two (2) online courses per semester.
- Q: How do I register for a distance learning course? Can it be done via the Internet and how do I know if I am enrolled?
A: Directions for registration can be found here. Yes, it can be done online and you can verify enrollment in a DE course by viewing your schedule in Aggie Access Online.
- Q: Are freshmen allowed to enroll in distance education courses?
A: Freshmen who wish to enroll in distance learning courses must have permission from the Department Chairperson.
- Q: Can I participate in both distance learning and on-campus courses?
A: Yes, students can enroll in both distance learning and on-campus courses during the course of a semester. All DL sections are charged by the hourly rate, so students should consult the current DL Tuition Rates before enrolling in DL courses.
- Q: What are the tuition rates for distance learning courses?
A: View our current rates.
- Q: Can I pay for tuition in installments?
A: Tuition arrangements can be made through the Office of the Treasurer.
- Q: Will financial aid pay for distance learning courses?
A: Distance learning students who have been admitted to a degree-seeking program can apply for financial aid. For more information, visit the web site for the Office of Financial Aid.
- Q: How do I waive or keep the Student Insurance Plan?
A: All students enrolled in 6 or more credit hours, in good academic standing and making appropriate progress toward graduation will have the student insurance plan charged to their tuition bill. If you wish to waive the coverage, please visit the web site. Enter the appropriate information to select your school and then follow the screen prompts.
- Q: Can I purchase textbooks from the University Bookstore?
A: Yes, distance learning students can access textbook information by visiting the University’s Bookstore web site. Distance learning students can also purchase school supplies, University paraphernalia, University-related car accessories, and other miscellaneous items.
- Q: Will I need an email account?
A: Yes, students must use the email account assigned by N.C. A&T State University in order to access Blackboard for online courses. If you DO NOT have an NC A&T email account, please visit: NCAT email account.
The following information must be supplied in order to acquire a new account:
- Banner ID Number or Social Security Number/Student Identification Number
- Six-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN #) (that you received from your
advisor. (Note: New accounts will only be provided to Validated Students. Account creation requests are completed within 48-72 hours. However, most accounts will be available in less than 24 hours. Specific availability information will be provided during account acquisition.)
- Q: How do I log into my NCAT email?
A: The web site for your NCAT email is https://webmail.ncat.edu. Your login is your NCAT Email Username and your Password will be the first four characters of the username plus the last four digits of your Banner ID. See the example below.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Banner ID: XXX-XX-1234
- Q: How do I log into Blackboard?
A: The web site for Blackboard is http:///blackboard.ncat.edu. Your login is your NCAT email Username and your email Password. See the example below.
Email address: email@example.com
Banner ID: XXX-XX-1234
- Q: Whom do I contact if I have technical difficulties in an online course?
A: Distance learning students enrolled in online courses have access to the following technical support services:
- If you experience problems with online course login issues, please call University Outreach/DE at 1-888-498-6752 (toll free) or 336-256-0355. The hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- If you are enrolled in DE courses and your account has been validated and you experience technical difficulties with Blackboard, you can contact Blackboard System Administrators at 336-285-4496 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- If you have problems with your NCAT email account, please contact the University Help Desk by phone (336-334-7195) or by email (email@example.com). The hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- If you have questions about your Blackboard course content, contact your professor (from inside your Blackboard course, click on COMMUNICATION and choose Send email). The Blackboard Student Manual is available online. To view it from inside your Blackboard course, click on Student Tools, and then click on Student Manual.
- If you have questions about using Blackboard after 5 p.m., visit the Blackboard Help Desk web site. Users have 24/7 support
- Q: How do I withdraw from a distance learning course?
A: Distance Learning students who are not in proximity of the University, may send a communication to the Center for Distance Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-334-7081 (Fax), requesting to withdraw from your distance learning course(s) or to be withdrawn from the University. Please include:
- Your Full Name
- Banner ID Number
- Distance Education Course(s)
- Daytime Contact Information
- Last Day of Attendance
- Reason for the Withdrawal
We will complete your form, secure all required signatures, submit it to the Office of the Registrar, and forward a copy to you. Students, who are on-campus or within proximity of the University, should follow the same procedure for withdrawing from on-campus courses.
- Q: Where can I see my grade for my distance learning course?
A: All grades can be found via the Internet using Aggie Access Online. Students must have their Banner ID Number and six-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN #) that you received from your advisor.
- Q: What are your policies regarding copyright?
A: CDL's policies relating to intellectual property and copyright are commensurate with the University's policies as outlined by Institutional Research.
- Q: What support services are available for distance education students?
A: The following Support Services are available to Distance Learning Students:
CDL will provide:
- Registration assistance, if needed
- Assistance with logging into Blackboard
- Online Blackboard Tutorial
- Drop and Withdrawal requests for DE students who do not live in close proximity of the University, if needed (As long as the request is received before the deadline)
Blackboard Support and the Aggie Help Desk will provide the following for students:
- Blackboard Training (Blackboard Support)
- Assistance with logging onto Blackboard (Blackboard Support)
- Email (Aggie Help Desk)
Other Student Support Services for Distance Learning Students
- Online Admissions (Office of Undergraduate Admissions & School of Graduate Studies)
- Online Tuition and Fee Payment (Office of the Treasurer)
- Online Textbook purchasing (University Bookstore)
- Financial Aid (Office of Financial Aid)
- Academic Advising (College/School for your program)
- Banner Student ID Retrieval (Banner Generated ID Retrieval System)
- Counseling Services Online Screening (Counseling Services)
- Career Counseling (Office of Career Services)
- Veteran & Disability Services (Office of Veteran & Disability Support Services)
- Online Library Services (Ferdinand D. Bluford Distance Education Library Resources)
- Transcripts (Official Transcript Requests)