Online Course Development & Enhancement
Find answers to your questions regarding online course development and enhancement at NCA&TSU.
- Q: Who is eligible to develop or enhance online courses?
A: All faculty and departmental chairpersons, with departmental approval, are eligible to develop online courses.
- Q: How can I develop or enhance an online course?
A: A request must be made to ITSDE for online course development or enhancement by the dean or chairperson.
- Q: Are faculty paid by ITSDE to develop or enhance online courses?
A: No. Due to recent budget cuts, funding is currently not available.
- Q: How do I get an online course development shell or access to an online enhancement shell?
A: All requests for online course shells must be presented to ITSDE for consideration.
- Q: What support services are available to faculty developers or enhancers?
A: ITSDE will provide the following:
- Blackboard Course Development Shell
- Instructional Design Assistance
- Online Course Template
- Workshops/Blackboard Training
- Course Completion Review
- Q: After completion, how are online courses reviewed?
A: Course developers/enhancers must present the completed online course to a review committee, which includes members of ITSDE, the department chair, dean and other veteran developers to ensure that courses are prepared to meet quality standards.